Sorry Tim,

seems I mixed up your mails concerning this reply. Sorry. But can you
sent the link you mentioned - the interview - I'd like to listen to it.

I only know this one:

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-4395179434521008566

Good letter, by the way.

-L

> A couple of associations:
>
> One concerns a mytube video Dann Dobson sent links to on CRTL not long
> ago. Good video on the history of the "Protocols". They interviewed
> Daniel Pipes, who as we know is an expert on "conspiracy thought". As
> I remember his statement: If you want to convince people, he says, the
> best you can do is to present it as a secret, something uncovered by
> chance. What place do the Protocols have in this discussion? This is
> the big problem: Selective choices. Or should I believe  Berlet and
> Goldberg would ever deny this was a bloody real conspiracy???
>
> Two: one of the most interesting posters on CRTL reminded people of
> Laurie Mylroie, and her "conspiracy theory" not long ago. Of cause we
> have almost forgotten that Saddam was the ultimate Hitler, now that we
> have an even better new candidate. I found it interesting that her
> book was initially published in 2000, heavily backed by AEI, and
> reissued in 2001. A conspiracy???
>
> Three: I do not have much time to watch these matters. But not long
> ago I came across an article that uncovered strange religious ties of
> Jones. I think the focus was on the religious/theologian background of
> some of the 911 skeptics. Which indeed brings us back to the larger
> field of ethics. And I am admittedly still a bit puzzled by the
> selective historical view the pope took concerning Hellenism and the
> West. After all it were the Arabs who preserved Aristotle for us and
> his translations probably influenced the West much more (remember who
> brought us the numbers?) than the ties of the Catholic church fathers
> maintained with the mythological part of Greek thought (see - Anders
> Nygren, Eros and Agape, ?1930, especially the idea of the divine
> "soul", that is closely related to Greek mythology). The "German" Pope
> no doubt may be an important theologian, but he was always a
> hardliner. That's why I am slightly puzzled by the shift in
> perception. His speech in Regensburg for me was reminisent of the main
> feature of the neocons an enormous Western arrogance. Not such a good
> position to start a dialog.
>

> Four is my favorite number, add whatever you think would fit into this
> context.
>
> -L
>
> -
>

> > Interesting note:  Chip Berlet has apparently promoted Robert
> Goldberg and his book "Enemies Within: The Culture of Conspiracy in
> Modern America":
> >
> >   http://www.publiceye.org/antisemitism/nw_goldberg.html
> >
> >   Berlet and Goldberg strongly give the impression that they would
> like to derail any honest investigation into what really happened on
> 9/11.  Why are they so fearful of open discussion and debate about one
> of the most momentous events in American history?  What is so
> objectionable about seeking truthful answers to the many unanswered
> questions about 9/11?  What kind of authentic historical scholar would
> [...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: