Well, I am not Italian, but I am a bit of an Italian chauvinist.  I've spent
some time in Italy, and greatly admire the genius of Italian culture in almost
all its forms (maybe there are a few problems with the Corleone/Soprano
faction).  And what I especially love about the Italians I've met is that they
take quiet pride in their accomplishments as a culture without being too
strident about it.  I've never had an Italian attack me over Italian politics;
Americans (from former presidents on down) suffer vicious attacks from
pro-Israel zealots over Israeli politics on a regular basis.  I know, there is
a downside also in Italian-American culture in terms of certain reactionary
tendencies, but that's true of most other *-American ethnic groups as well.

Good point about Trent Lott being a white ethnic nationalist (and just a plain
white racist, apparently).  There are others like him scattered in the
government.  But they don't strike me as having their act together, not in the
way demonstrated by the neocons in herding the Bush 43 administration into the
Iraq War.  White nationalism has been largely delegitimized and marginalized on
the public stage in America.  Jewish ethnic nationalism continues to be treated
as a sacred cow, as an activity that is beyond scrutiny or criticism from mere
mortals.  After all (according to Christian Zionists), Zionism is an act of
God.  Engage in critical dialogue with it, and God (or Mossad) will strike you
dead.  Bow down before the neocons or else.

That's way more than enough typing for today.  I'll have to continue this later.

Michael Pugliese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  On
6/29/07, Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 >    I'm curious: with which ethnic group do you most strongly identify?
 > Which ethnic tradition has most influenced you?

 I'm Italian-American. But, I don't identify that way. My
 Italian-American relatives in Pittsburgh were all racists who
 supported George Wallace in '68 and '72, pro-Vietnam war. A major part
 of the reason I was radicalized in the 70's was a reaction against the
 bigotry and ethnic chauvinism of my Italian-American relatives. (In
 arguments with my Mom over civil rights and the war they called her,
 "nigger lover," and, "Viet Cong."

 > And do you support illegal immigration?  Legal immigration is a fine
 > American tradition.  Illegal immigration on the scale we are seeing it is a
 > disaster.  Any administration which has no control over 12 million illegal
 > immigrants clearly has no real intention of preventing domestic terrorism.
 > (I am not arguing that illegal immigrants are terrorists; I am arguing that
 > a society which is unable to prevent being inundated by illegal immigrants
 > certainly lacks the ability to prevent terrorists from slipping over the
 > border.)

 Capital, (and as a libertarian, I haven't seen you say anything
 contrary to what my Marxist teachers in college called, "the logic of
 capital, " as we struggled through Marx, Capital, Volume One, his
 Grundrisse and zillions of texts by academic neo-marxists) has since
 1493 been international. Labor should be as well. Ruling classes
 always draw arbitrary national boundaries. Ask an Iraqi about the
 boundaries Britain drew in 1920.
    Slipping over the border? Heh, you are sounding like LGF here,
 http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=26067&only&rss

 > With regard to white ethnic nationalists at high levels of the current
 > American government: can you name them?  Who are the equivalents of the
 > Israeli-obsessed neocons?  Is there a white nationalist version of Elliott
 > Abrams in the Bush 43 administration?

 The day after a SCOTUS decision overturning Brown vs. Board of
 Education, you deny there are Racists in the upper ranks and
 throughout the ranks of the bureaucracy of the USG who support the
 aims of the white nationalists? You must have ignored the exposes of
 Trent Lott and other Republican politicians who spoke to the CCC, the
 successor to the White Citizen's Councils of the South.

 --
 Michael Pugliese