Sent to you by Sean McBride via Google Reader: Washington Post Blogger
Says Obama 'Kowtows to Israeli Lobby' via Mondoweiss by Philip Weiss on
3/11/08
What hath Walt and Mearsheimer wrought! Today William Arkin, the "Early
Warning" blogger for the Washington Post, tries to suss out Obama's
position on missile defense systems and learns that Obama's only
comment relates to Israel:

A search of Obama's website yields nothing under homeland security
positions, and only one mention of missile defenses. Curiously,
according to the website, "He has called for continuing U.S.
cooperation with Israel in the development of missile defense systems."

So here is the real world. The only specific Obama has uttered relates
not to defending America itself but kowtowing to the Israeli lobby. I
guess we can expect McCain to argue that he'll give even more money to
Israel and build an even bigger defensive shield.

Isn't kowtow an antisemitic slur?

More about Arkin. Former soldier, author, lecturer. Doesn't have a lot
of hair. Not sure what he means by Israeli lobby. But I love
that: "defending America itself." No dual loyalty here. A sign of
progress clearly, in a pro-Iraq-war newspaper that printed vicious and
sophomoric attacks on Walt and Mearsheimer as "teutonic," i.e. Nazis.

The center cannot hold. The natives are restless with our Israel
policy....

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Mondoweiss using Google Reader
favorite sites