I am the idiot/putz?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

The government is not getting ready to place military troops on our streets,
and whatever Doc is trying to analogize, e.g.;  the World War One Veterans,
who the Democrats left out in the cold in their tent cities some seventy
five years ago, to today's current events, I have no clue...

I was in the Army from 1975-1979.  I was in a unit that trained for CONUS
terrorist preparedness, back in 1978.   Nothing new here, just a
reconfigured approach.

Here is an Army Intelligence Unit, in Fort Huachuca, Arizona, that is
focused strictly on terrorist operations in the United States.  This memo is
from 2001:

http://www.ordersofbattle.darkscape.net/site/toe/toe/usa/intelligencecorpstoe.html

>From the year, 2000, (obviously, before 9/11) :

"The current training requirements for DoD personnel are prescribed in DoD
Instruction (DODI) 2000.16, DoD Combating Terrorism Program Standards. Four
specific levels of training are defined. Army Regulation 525-13,
Antiterrorism/ Force Protection (AT/FP): Security of Personnel, Information,
and Critical Resources from Asymmetrical Attack, prescribes the same
standards for Army personnel. DODI 2000.16 is in the final stages of
revision and will have several changes that will impact on installations,
units, and individuals."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IBW/is_/ai_70378748

=====

Here is another example:

"The 108th Training Command (Initial Entry Training) is here to train,
mobilize, and deploy Soldiers to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of
the Global War on Terrorism.  Our primary mission is instructing military
skills and teaching basic training to Soldiers.  We conduct initial entry
training for new Soldiers entering the Army and specialized skill training
for thousands of Soldiers, both officers and enlisted, preparing to mobilize
or deploy in support of the Global War on Terrorism. "

http://www.armyreserve.army.mil/USARC/TNG/0108TNGCMD(IET)/Overview.htm

=====

Here's one from 2005:

http://www.defenselink.mil/policy/sections/policy_offices/gsa/ctfp/sections/enclosures/pdf/final_ctfp_int

My point being, is that the current assignment of the 3rd Infantry to the
United States is just a different reconfiguration.  This happens all the
time in the Army.  This Brigade is replacing a series of units that have
been assigned to the United States on a rotating basis, at least through the
1950s.   Its just a differnt configuration, and the timing of the
announcement is merely coincidental to the financial quagmire caused by the
Democrat Party.