Which also raises the question is the "record" the same as that
"permanent record" that's been following us since the first grade and
upon which all those troublesome things were listed?

"This is going on your permanent record mister!"

But on the other hand, apparently if you suck his ass, he'll remove
all marks (even those from grade school??!!), so He is truly
benevolent.