I'd never heard of this before. Apparently a secret society of the
Washington elite and business elite. It's described as a secret getaway
that happens annually in Northern California for 2.5 weeks in July.

I came across it in reading Colin Powell's emails (he attends) from 2014.

When I googled it I found this video; the impromptu interview of Alex Jones
with David Gergen is fascinating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbKIiU7OP0

The ABC story that followed it from 1981 is also interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=recDlFPNU6M

Nixon's comment was hilarious; he'd be hung for it today: "The Bohemian
Grove -- which I attend, from time to time -- it is the most faggy
goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I
can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco."