Weld quit the MA governorship to accept an appointment as Ambassador to
Mexico by Clinton.  (His candidacy was blocked in the Senate.)  He's a
quitter and a drunk.  If he despises Trump then that's a positive for Trump
in my book.  Weld is also a statist and a serious disappointment as a
libertarian.  His rhetoric as Johnson's running mate offers many examples.

If this is true--and given his closeness to the Clintons and his penchant
for quitting, it might well be--then my estimation of him has sunk another
notch.  Didn't think it was possible.

--S.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/carl-bernstein-bill-weld-
may-quit-despises-trump/2016/09/18/id/748868/?ns_mail_uid=
836178&ns_mail_job=1688662_09182016&s=al&dkt_nbr=5gbccldb

Carl Bernstein: Weld May Quit and Help Hillary, 'Despises' Trump

[image: Image: Carl Bernstein: Weld May Quit and Help Hillary, 'Despises'
Trump]

 Libertarian V.P. candidate Bill Weld (George Frey/Getty Images)

By Cathy Burke   |   Sunday, 18 Sep 2016 03:04 PM

Journalist Carl Bernstein stirred speculation Sunday about Libertarian vice
presidential nominee Bill Weld quitting the race if his candidacy was
helping to fuel a Donald Trump win.

In a Twitter post Bernstein said Weld could be "hero — instead of a [Ralph]
Nader" if he followed through.

Later on CNN's *"Reliable Sources,"
<http://www.cnn.com/shows/reliable-sources>*Bernstein, the author of *"A
Woman In Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton,"
<https://www.amazon.com/Woman-Charge-Hillary-Rodham-Clinton/dp/0091920787/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1474224709&sr=8-1&linkCode=as2&tag=newsmedi9a-20&linkId=JWQX7Q4SOSP2L6BP>*said
Weld "despises Trump."

"I think that Bill Weld … is thinking about dropping out of this race if it
looks like he and Gary Johnson might get Donald Trump elected," he said.

"Weld despises Trump. I don't think he's made up his mind, but it's
certainly a point if it looks like that it would… go help Hillary Clinton.
So stay tuned on that."

Earlier in the program, Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson made
no mention of calling it quits, and instead *touted their independent
campaign.
<http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Gary-Johnson-Ballot-Qualified-States/2016/09/14/id/748192/>*

"We're the only third party candidates on the ballot the in all 50
states," he said. "Fifty percent of Americans when they go to register to
vote are saying that they are independent. Where is that representation?
Well, it's Bill Weld and myself."

*Related Stories:*

·        *NH Union Leader Endorses Libertarian Gary Johnson
<http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/hew-hampshire-union-leader-endorse-gary-johnson/2016/09/14/id/748361/>*

·        *Libertarian Gary Johnson Adds to Clinton's Challenges With Young
Voters
<http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Gary-Johnson-Clinton-Challenges-Young-Voters/2016/09/16/id/748590/>*

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>