And, of course, neither “Islam” nor “Muslim” denotes any race.

*CNN Quotes Trump as Supporting ‘Racial Profiling’ — but Transcripts Tell a
Different Story*

Sep. 20, 2016 11:49am Kate Scanlon
<http://www.theblaze.com/author/kate-scanlon/>

·  ·  ·  ·  CNN found itself on the receiving end of serious criticism
Monday after the cable network added the word “racial” to Republican
presidential Donald Trump’s remarks about profiling in the wake of bombings
in New York and New Jersey over the weekend.

Donald #Trump <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Trump?src=hash> says "racial
profiling" will stop terror. Is he right? @juliettekayyem
<https://twitter.com/juliettekayyem> & James Woolsey offer insights
https://t.co/7BiMChPV3B

— OutFrontCNN (@OutFrontCNN) September 19, 2016
<https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/status/778017328650981376>

The network falsely quoted Trump as saying “racial profiling” when the
candidate said that police should utilize “profiling” in an effort to
combat terrorism.

@CNN <https://twitter.com/CNN> adds the word "racial" to Trump's quote.
Deeply irresponsible. Crosses the line. #Trump
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/Trump?src=hash> pic.twitter.com/Q0vDIEndFf
<https://t.co/Q0vDIEndFf>

— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) September 19, 2016
<https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/778016984319471617>

In a telephone interview <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVFebjbs4jA>
Monday on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends,” Trump said he would “knock the hell
out of” terrorist groups as president. He went on to say that police “are
afraid to do anything” to stop terrorist attacks “because they don’t want
to be accused of profiling.”

Trump advocated adopting a system of profiling similar to Israel’s.

“You know in Israel, they profile,” he said. “They’ve done an unbelievable
job, as good as you can do.”

According to a transcript of the interview, Trump’s remarks about profiling
did not include the word “racial.”

Trump on Fox about bombings: "local police, they know who a lot of these
people are" but they're afraid of profiling pic.twitter.com/CLZrJkqLn3
<https://t.co/CLZrJkqLn3>

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) September 19, 2016
<https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/777838367442698240>

In another Fox News interview
<http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2016/09/20/donald-trump-reacts-to-terror-attacks/>
Monday, “The O’Reilly Factor” host Bill O’Reilly asked Trump if he wants to
“profile certain Muslims.” Trump’s remarks in that interview also did not
include the word “racial.”

“Well, first of all, I never said that they were Muslims,” Trump said. “You
did. You told me Muslims. I didn’t say that. I am saying, you go into
profile, people that maybe look suspicious. I didn’t say they were Muslims.”

“But how do they look suspicious? I mean, how?” O’Reilly pressed.

“I don’t know,” Trump replied. “These are experts. That’s what they do.
They profile. You go to Israel and they should study it because Israel has
done a phenomenal job about this. And they profile. And they are not happy
about it but they do it. And people aren’t complaining about it but we have
to profile.”

“But I’m not using the term Muslim,” Trump added. “I am saying, you’re
going to have to profile.”

The Hill’s Joe Concha
<http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296753-cnn-falsely-adds-racial-to-trump-vetting-comments>
noted:

CNN has been running headlines throughout the day that specifically quotes
Trump as saying “racial profiling” and the Fox News excerpts the network
sent out Monday evening also framed his quotes as responses to questions
about “racial profiling.” CNN.com also is using the term racial profiling
in its headlines.

Some argued that Trump’s remarks implied racial profiling, to which Concha
replied:

@GS__User <https://twitter.com/GS__User> Quotes aren't used in implication
– Only applied when taking source words verbatim. To put "racial" in quotes
breaks a basic rule.

— Joe Concha (@JoeConchaTV) September 20, 2016
<https://twitter.com/JoeConchaTV/status/778052647479828481>

The Twitterverse had some thoughts about CNN’s “report”:

Cnn Claims Trump Called For 'racial' Profiling (he Didn't) |
https://t.co/AhFGoEAOoG
Does CNN ever report truth anymore???? #medialies
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/medialies?src=hash>

— Cathy (@cathy6098) September 20, 2016
<https://twitter.com/cathy6098/status/778255440647950336>

CNN, a radical left lying news service at best, stated that Trump believes
in "racial profiling". Trump never said that. More BIAS from CNN!

— Ed Stack Sr (@CareNotOne) September 20, 2016
<https://twitter.com/CareNotOne/status/778254902283743232>

CNN added the word "racial" to this headline . . . Wow. #BoycottCNN
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottCNN?src=hash> https://t.co/Iz9izLn0EG

— Deplorable Char (@hoodsonco) September 20, 2016
<https://twitter.com/hoodsonco/status/778029783535857665>

@jaketapper <https://twitter.com/jaketapper> Trump spoke of profiling today
. No mention of racial profiling, Now CNN adds words.
pic.twitter.com/q4OFx8eczr <https://t.co/q4OFx8eczr>

— Jane Spillane (@jane_spillane) September 20, 2016
<https://twitter.com/jane_spillane/status/778023303030202368>

A spokesperson for CNN did not immediately return TheBlaze’s request for
comment.

—

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>