CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield: Should We Ban Jews Since They’ve Committed
Terrorist Attacks? Should We Ban Jews Since They've Committed Terrorist
Attacks?
by Andrew Husband <http://www.mediaite.com/author/andrew-husband/> | 12:47
pm, December 8th, 2015
VIDEO 826
<http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-ashleigh-banfield-should-we-ban-jews-since-theyve-committed-terrorist-attacks/#disqus_thread>

[image: Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 12.58.35 PM]CNN *Legal View* anchor *Ashleigh
Banfield* and former *Ronald Reagan* White House administrator *Jeffrey
Lord* argued vehemently over whether or not Republican presidential
candidate *Donald Trump*‘s proposed ban on Muslims mirrored past calls to
ban Jewish immigrants before and during World War II.

“If you supplant the word ‘Jews’ for ‘Muslims’ in a lot of the rhetoric
that we’ve had this morning, I think people would find it sort of
cringe-worthy and reminiscent of a really ugly time in our history,” said
Banfield.

She then wondered aloud whether or not the reaction would be any different
if, per a hypothetical example, border patrol agents began asking those
wanting to legally travel into or immigrate in the United States if they
were Jews.

“There are no Jews that are coming in here to destroy America,” responded
Lord. “They’re coming here to get away from these people.”

Banfield interrupted Lord with a reference to former TSA administrator *John
Pistole*‘s 2004 congressional testimony, in which he cited 18 known
terrorist attacks committed by Jews or Jewish-affiliated groups on American
soil between 1980 and 1985. All the while, Lord nodded his head in
disagreement and tried to get the anchor’s attention.

“What are you talking about?” she exclaimed. “There have been Jewish
terrorist attacks. Should we therefore ask no Jews to please apply for a
visa?”