It's an occupational hazard, I suppose. I worked in healthcare for many
years and was always astonished at the number of people who were addicted
to narcotics or had to take all sorts of anti-inflammatory medications due
to back and knee pain. They never made the connection that if they'd lose
the extra 50-100 pounds they carried around every day, they likely wouldn't
have pain. I'd even tell some of them how I experienced a huge amount of
pain in my knees and back when I gained 19 pounds while pregnant, and that
it went completely away once the baby was born and weight lost.

It's also dumbfounding how many people would rather just keep eating and
over-eating shit and take a pill for Type II diabetes than to modify their
intake and not need it.

So yeah, I've become disgusted with the millions of abject morons who can't
connect these simple dots and just stop feeding their faces when their body
is screaming that it's time to do so. Obesity is the #1 cause of health
problems in America today. It's time to start taxing that like we did
smoking IMO. It's becoming more prevalent, not less.