http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264467/hillarys-two-faces-joseph-klein

*Hillary's Two Faces *

The latest WikiLeak disclosures expose the aspiring Liar-in-Chief in her
own words.

October 11, 2016

*Joseph Klein* <http://www.frontpagemag.com/author/joseph-klein>

*25*
<http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264467/hillarys-two-faces-joseph-klein#disqus_thread>

AddThis Sharing Buttons

Share to Facebook*364*Share to TwitterShare to More*222*Share to Print

[image: Description:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/uploads/2016/10/df.jpg?itok=-PAsMRt5]

One of the online questions posed to Hillary Clinton during the second
presidential town hall debate in St. Louis on Sunday evening had to do with
remarks she had reportedly made in private to a Wall Street audience,
revealed by WikiLeaks, that she has “both a public and a private position”
on such issues as Wall Street reform. The questioner wanted to know whether
“it is okay for politicians to be two-faced.”  Hillary Clinton rationalized
her private remark to her audience of Wall Street benefactors as a
reference to “Abraham Lincoln after having seen the wonderful Steven
Spielberg movie ‘Abraham Lincoln.'”

The only association Hillary Clinton can legitimately claim with the memory
of Abraham Lincoln was when the Clintons traded on his name and rented out
the Lincoln bedroom to wealthy donors while she and Bill Clinton inhabited
the White House.

Donald Trump was ready with the perfect retort:  “She got caught in a total
lie... She lied. And now she’s blaming the lie on the late, great Abraham
Lincoln – Honest Abe. Honest Abe never lied. That’s the big difference
between Abraham Lincoln and you. That’s a big difference.”

The latest releases from WikiLeaks revealed other disturbing dimensions of
Hillary’s private/public dichotomy. For example, Hillary Clinton, in a bid
to win over Bernie Sanders voters, reversed her previous support for free
trade deals. Although originally a supporter of the North American Free
Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Hillary has in more recent years publicly
criticized it.  During her primary campaign against Sanders, Hillary also
came out against the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which she had called
the “gold standard” while serving as Secretary of State. With respect to
the issue of open borders, *Hillary Clinton’s so-called fact-check website*
<https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factchecks/2016/07/18/the-false-claim-that-hillary-clinton-supports-open-borders/>
charges that “Donald Trump and his allies have falsely said Hillary Clinton
wants to 'create totally open borders.’” Yet, in a private speech to a
Brazilian bank in 2013, Hillary extolled both “open trade” and “open
borders,” according to this excerpt released by WikiLeaks: “My dream is a
hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in
the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it,
powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

Hillary has time and again publicly insisted that she did not place any
classified information at risk from hacking by adversaries when using her
private e-mail system and devices while Secretary of State. However, she
acknowledged in one private speech, excerpts of which were released by
WikiLeaks, that “at the State Department we were attacked every hour, more
than once an hour by incoming efforts to penetrate everything we had.”
Hillary also acknowledged security concerns with the use of blackberries
for government business at the time she arrived at the State Department.
Yet she would have the public believe that her unsecured private system,
server and blackberry devices were somehow not vulnerable to enemy
intrusion.

During the primaries, Hillary Clinton tried to outflank Bernie Sanders on
the Left. However, while railing against Wall Street and special interests
in public, a WikiLeaks excerpt of a private speech that Hillary Clinton
delivered in 2014 to the securities law firm Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
in San Diego showed her very different side. Hillary said in her speech at
the law firm that, as a New York Senator, she did all she could to make
sure the “many talented principled people who made their living in
finance…continued to prosper.”

During a *February 2016 CNN town hall meeting*
<http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_CNN_Town_Hall_NH_Corporations.htm>,
Hillary Clinton portrayed herself publicly as the target of intense Wall
Street opposition to her candidacy: “The Wall Street interests, the money
interests, the Republican political interests are spending a lot of money
to try to defeat me.”  Yet in her paid speeches to Wall Street firms, she
could not have been more solicitous. In a private speech to a Goldman Sachs
audience, Hillary all but asked for donations outright, complaining that
“running for office in our country takes a lot of money, and candidates
have to go out and raise it.” And where should they go for such donations?
The headquarters city of the Wall Street firm she was addressing:  “New
York is probably the leading site for contributions for fundraising for
candidates on both sides of the aisle, and it's also our economic center.”

In public, Hillary Clinton criticized the* “revolving door”*
<http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/TBA_2007_Hillary_Clinton.htm> between
the “well-connected” in business and work in government. Yet in a private
speech to another Goldman Sachs audience on October 29, 2013, she lamented
that “there is such a bias against people who have led successful and/or
complicated lives. You know, the divestment of assets, the stripping of all
kinds of positions, the sale of stocks. It just becomes very onerous and
unnecessary.”

Publicly, Hillary has positioned herself as an environmentalist opposed to
fracking. However, in an *excerpt of a speech to Deutsche Bank in April
2013 released by WikiLeaks*
<http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/hillary-clinton-expresses-support-fracking-wikileaks-document-2428659>,
Hillary boasted about how she “promoted fracking in other places around the
world… we are truly on a path -- and it's not just United States; it's all
of North America -- that will be net energy exporters assuming we do it
right.” In another speech in 2014, she blamed some environmentalists’
opposition to fracking on Russian funding of media attacks to undermine the
growing industry. Now she is blaming her “reset” partner Russia for trying
to influence the presidential election in Trump's favor.

Finally, the self-proclaimed champion of the middle class admitted at a
Goldman-Blackrock conference in 2014, that she was “kind of far removed”
from her middle class upbringing because of the “fortunes that my husband
and I now enjoy.” Those were fortunes, by the way, that Hillary and Bill
were able to make for themselves and their foundation by leveraging access
and favors from her State Department.

The materials released so far by WikiLeaks only reinforce the late *New
York Times** columnist William Safire’s unflattering description of Hillary
Clinton*
<http://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/08/opinion/essay-blizzard-of-lies.html?_r=0>
twenty years ago. Safire called her “a congenital liar.” A Bernie Sanders
supporter, who was trying to find common ground with Hillary's campaign,
wrote her campaign chairman John Podesta that Hillary often “says things
that are untrue.” Hillary Clinton has not changed a bit during her career
in the public eye. There is no reason to expect that she will as president.

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>