http://freebeacon.com/politics/feingold-hillary-might-issue-
executive-order-guns/
Feingold: Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns

Joe Schoffstall <http://freebeacon.com/author/joe-schoffstall/>•October 13,
2016 9:41 am

BY:

Russ Feingold, the former Democratic senator from Wisconsin who is running
again in an attempt to win back his old Senate seat, was recorded at a
fundraiser saying that Hillary Clinton might issue an executive order on
guns.

The video was captured by James O’ Keefe’s Project Veritas at an Aug. 17,
$2,700 per-head fundraiser held at the Palo-Alto, Calif., home of
Democratic donors Amy Rao and Harry Plant. Palo-Alto is located 10 minutes
away from Stanford University, where Feingold taught after leaving his
position as a special envoy at the U.S. State Department.

Feingold can be heard in the video discussing what Hillary Clinton could do
in relation to guns if she were to be elected president.

“If there’s still Republican control in Congress, and if Hillary is
elected, is there anything she can do to uhh…,” a person asks Feingold
within the video. “Well, there might be an executive order,” Feingold
responds.

“Oh, so she can, I know that Bara…” the questioner counters. Feingold then
talks of President Obama’s executive orders throughout his two terms.

“He did some executive orders with the aspects of waiting periods. But what
we all need is the Senate, have her there, and then put pressure on the
House. And we might win the House,” Feingold says.

Later in the video, the former senator says that an overwhelming amount of
people in the state of Wisconsin believes there should be background checks.

“But what I do is I go with the majority view of the people of the state,
which is very common sense. They believe there should be background checks.
Overwhelmingly, they believe there should be background checks for the
internet and for gun shows.”

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>