How dare these DC Swamp Feeders lump Social Security  folks and degrade
them by deciding that our money is a  government benefit just as welfare, food
stamps, etc. is a federal  benefit. We earned every penny over a life time
of work and these  SOB's decide it just like welfare.......clean the swamp
and defeat  these bastards. Sounds like they have decided that social security
 folks are to be added to their list of DEPORABLES.....Signed, a proud
Deporable.

              POST SCRIPT:
             Do these fools ever consider the cost to change all the
government documents  that use the term Social Security to their new welfare
phrase......at a  minium millions of dollars in paper, ink, rewrites, and
wasted
current  documents that will be discarded...this from the environmental
sensitive  Dumbocrats.

A woman died at age 65. She paid into the system  for almost 50 years and
collected  NOTHING?
Keep in mind all the people that die every year  that were paying into the
system and got  nothing!

And  these governmental morons mismanaged the money and stole from the
system,  so that it's now  going broke.
BEAUTIFUL!  and they have the  audacity to call today's seniors "vultures"
in an attempt to cover  their ineptitude. DISGRACEFUL!

The real reason for renaming our Social Security  payments is so the
government can claim  that
all those social security recipients are receiving  entitlements thus
putting  them in the same  case
as welfare, food stamp  recipients.

THIS IS WORTH THE FEW MINUTES IT TAKES TO READ AND  DIGEST!

F.Y.I.  By changing the name of  SS  contributions it gives them a means to
refute this program in the  future.
It's free money  for the government to spend under this  guise.

It is really sad  to think that most people will just roll over and accept
this as if  there is nothing that can be done, but maybe  there is if we
make a little noise  about our displeasure with  what they have done to today's
 retirees.

I will pass this  on!!!!!

The Social Security check is now (or soon will be)  referred to as a
*Federal Benefit  Payment*?

I'll  be part of the one percent to forward this. I am forwarding it
because it touches a nerve in me, and  I hope it will in  you.

Please keep  passing it on until everyone in our country has read  it.

The government is now referring to our Social  Security checks as a
"Federal Benefit  Payment."

This isn't a benefit. It is our money paid out of  our earned income!  Not
only did we all contribute to  Social
Security but our  employers did too. It totaled 15% of our income before
taxes.

If you averaged $30K per year over your working  life, that's close to
$180,000 invested in Social  Security.

If you calculate the future value of your monthly  investment in social
security ($375/month, including both you and  your employers  contributions) at
a meager 1% interest  rate compounded  monthly, after 40 years of working
you'd have more  than $1.3+ million dollars  saved!

this  is your personal investment. Upon retirement, if you took out only
3% per year, you'd receive $39,318 per year,  or  $3,277 per month.

That's  almost three times more than today's average Social Security
benefit  of $1,230 per month, according to  the  Social  Security
Administration.
(Google it – it's a  fact). And  your retirement fund would last more than
33 years (until you're 98  if you retire at age 65)! I can only  imagine how
much better  most average-income people could live  in retirement if our
government had just invested our money in low-risk  interest-earning accounts.

Instead,  the folks in   Washington pulled  off a bigger *Ponzi scheme*
than Bernie Madoff ever did. (Lyndon  Johnson)

They took our money and used it elsewhere. They  forgot (oh yes, they knew)
that it was OUR money they were  taking.  They didn't have a  referendum to
ask us if we wanted  to lend the money to  them.  And they didn't pay
interest on the  debt they assumed. And recently they've told us that the money
won't  support us for very much longer. (Isn't it  funny that they NEVER say
this about welfare payments?)

But is it our fault they misused our  investments?  And now, to add insult
to injury, they're calling  it a *benefit*, as if we never worked to  earn
every penny of it.
Just because they  borrowed the money, doesn't mean that our investments
were a  charity!

Let's take a stand. We have earned our right to  Social Security and
Medicare. Demand that our  legislators
bring some sense into our  government.

Find a way to keep Social Security and Medicare  going for the sake of that
92% of our population who need  it.

Then call it what it  is:

Our Earned Retirement  Income.

99% of people won't forward this.