Blackboard Wisdom at a Gas  Station

Gauteng is in South Africa .
A  filling station has  become quite a landmark in Gauteng with its daily
#PetrolPumpWisdom,  which are uplifting  quotes written on a chalkboard.
Some motorists say they deliberately  travel this route just to read the quote
which brightens their day.  Here’s a selection:

The lady behind this wonderful  initiative at Hutton Hyde Park is Alison
Billett.
She told SAPeople: “We inherited  the board from the previous owner, Dick
Hutton,
when we bought the filling station  from him almost 20 years ago. “We
continued the
tradition and it has become a  landmark – more so now that it’s on social
media!

“Not a day goes by when I don’t  get a call or a visit from someone to
Tell me how much they appreciate  the message – it seems that every
day there’s something that just  speaks to what is going on in someone’s
life and that inspires or  motivates them.

“Having people come and tell me  their stories and how the quote helped
them in some small way is what  motivates me to keep writing! “We use a
variety of quotations – some are  topical, some are funny, some are
inspirational,
some even reflect what is going on  in my life that day!

“Different things appeal to  different people…

“The boards were spotted by a  motivational speaker from the UK,
Geoff Ramm, when he was driving by  one day and he was so taken
by them he included a piece about  them in his book!

“The boards have appeared many  times in newspapers and magazines
and been spoken about on radio  stations all over the world. 9GAG has
re-tweeted them a few times too!”  Bob 95 FM in the USA recently posted
Alison’s “Rest in Peace” quote  which has now been shared over a quarter
of a million times around the  world!

Those who would disrespect our  flag have never been handed a folded one.

"A veteran is someone who at one  point in their life, wrote a blank check
made
payable to The United States of  America for any amount, up to and
including their life."

"The further a society drifts  from truth, the more it will hate those who
speak  it."      George  Orwell

Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is  FOREVER!  "Age is a case of mind over
matter. If you don't mind, it  don't matter."
-Satchel Paige

emailclient&utm_term=oa-3176-a)