A Bestselling, Lucid, Persuasive Book on Why Evolution Isn't a
Theory;
It's a Fact

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Why Evolution Is True (Hardcover) -- Especially Pertinent Considering
Darwin's Birthday was on February 12
Jerry A. Coyne
BuzzFlash.com's Review (excerpt)
"Why Evolution is True" Received a Starred Review from Publisher's
Weekly:

With great care, attention to the scientific evidence and a
wonderfully accessible style, Coyne, an evolutionary geneticist at
the
University of Chicago, presents an overwhelming case for evolution.
Ranging from biogeography to geology, from anatomy to genetics, and
from molecular biology to physiology, he demonstrates that
evolutionary theory makes predictions that are consistently borne out
by the data—basic requirements for a scientific theory to be valid.
Additionally, although fully respectful of those who promote
intelligent design and creationism, he uses the data at his disposal
to demolish any thought that creationism is supported by the evidence
while also explaining why those ideas fall outside the bounds of
science. Coyne directly addresses the concept often advanced by
religious fundamentalists that an acceptance of evolution must lead
immorality, concluding that evolution tells us where we came from,
not
where we can go. Readers looking to understand the case for evolution
and searching for a response to many of the most common creationist
claims should find everything they need in this powerful book, which
is clearer and more comprehensive than the many others on the
subject.

And others have heaped it with praise for its clarity and scientific
persuasiveness:

“For anyone who wishes a clear, well-written explanation of evolution
by one of the foremost scientists working on the subject, Why
Evolution is True should be your choice.”
—Edward O. Wilson, author of Consilience, On Human Nature, and
Sociobiology

"Evolution is the foundation of modern biology, and in Why Evolution
Is True, Jerry Coyne masterfully explains why. From the vast trove of
evidence of evolution scientists have gathered, Coyne has carefully
selected some of the most striking examples and explained them with
equal parts grace and authority."
—Carl Zimmer, author of Microcosm: E. coli and the New Science of
Life

“Jerry Coyne has long been one of the world's most skillful defenders
of evolutionary science in the face of religious obscurantism. In Why
Evolution is True, he has produced an indispensable book: the single,
accessible volume that makes the case for evolution. But Coyne has
delivered much more than the latest volley in our “culture war”; he
has given us an utterly fascinating, lucid, and beautifully written
account of our place in the natural world. If you want to better
understand your kinship with the rest of life, this book is the place
to start."
—Sam Harris, author of The End of Faith and Letter to a Christian
Nation and founder of the Reason Project

“I once wrote that anybody who didn't believe in evolution must be
stupid, insane or ignorant, and I was then careful to add that
ignorance is no crime. I should now update my statement. Anybody who
doesn't believe in evolution is stupid, insane, or hasn't read Jerry
Coyne. I defy any reasonable person to read this marvellous book and
still take seriously the 'breathtaking inanity' that is intelligent
design 'theory' or its country cousin, young earth creationism.”
—Richard Dawkins
Read The Full Review >>>
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/reviews/1487
Other Reviews
>From the Publisher:

In all the current highly publicized debates about creationism and
its
descendant “intelligent design,” there is an element of the
controversy that is rarely mentioned—the evidence, the empirical
truth
of evolution by natural selection. Even Richard Dawkins and Stephen
Jay Gould, while extolling the beauty of evolution and examining case
studies, have not focused on the evidence itself. Yet the proof is
vast, varied, and magnificent, drawn from many different fields of
science. Scientists are observing species splitting into two and are
finding more and more fossils capturing change in the past—dinosaurs
that have sprouted feathers, fish that have grown limbs.

Why Evolution Is True weaves together the many threads of modern work
in genetics, paleontology, geology, molecular biology, and anatomy
that demonstrate the “indelible stamp” of the processes first
proposed
by Darwin. In crisp, lucid prose accessible to a wide audience, Why
Evolution Is True dispels common misunderstandings and fears about
evolution and clearly confirms that this amazing process of change
has
been firmly established as a scientific truth.

Learn More >>>