It seems to me ironic that conservatives who claim they are "patriotic" and
support what "America stands for" can find excuses for torture of suspects.
Wasn't the constitution with it's bill of rights drafted exactly to prevent
such abuses. "American Ideals" are in actuality opposed to such actions.
Support of torture of suspects amounts to fascism not patriotism.
     And by the way, remember Timothy McVeigh- the Oklahoma bomber? He was
convicted- not just a suspect. And it was known that he had accomplices. Why
wasn't this CONVICTED murderer tortured to obtain the name of his
accomplices who were potentially planning more attacks? Or is torture
reserved for Muslims only?