From: *Travis*
Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2009
Subject:  Hizballah Operating in Mexico and US

***Hezbollah Operating in Mexico and
U.s***<http://chihuahua.findfastr.com/chihuahua/hezbollah-operating-in-mexico-and-us>
********

MICHAEL WEBSTER: INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER OCT 27, 2008 at 12:01 AM PDT

Mexican drug cartels, Hezbollah (Party of God) and other Islamic terrorist
groups are joining forces in Mexico. Hezbollah is synonymous with terror,
suicide bombings, kidnappings and beheadings. No wonder the criminal
organizations in Mexico seem to have adopted many Middle Eastern terrorist
tactics with kidnappings and beheadings happening throughout Mexico.

According to authorities global Islamic terrorist have moved into Mexico and
other Latin American countries to open the door for Mexican cartels to have
excess to Afghanistan cocaine at bargain basement prices, those profits from
those sales are being passed on to Hezbollah and other terrorist
organizations worldwide to attack the states from within. Hezbollah is known
to be raising money for their cause in the U.S and some Americans say they
have brought suite case dirty booms into the U.S. and are waiting for
further instructions. Hezbollah is currently training Mexican drug cartel
enforcement gang members. They are teaching them their gorilla terror
tactic’s that they use in the Middle East. One high ranking Mexican Army
officer who will at his request remain anonymous says Hezbollah is now
believed to be training Mexican drug cartel enforcers the art of bomb
making. It is now feared that there will soon be car and truck bombings of
Mexican solders at the many road blocks that they have set up throughout
Mexico, their barracks, police stations and even government buildings are at
risk. The training is designed to combat the Mexican Army and police,
American Special Forces and DEA agents now operating in Mexico.

According to Mexican officials Hezbollah is training the opposition to the
Mexican Army and is starting to be seen throughout the country. There are
new reports of late, of hit and run tactics against Mexican military set up
road blocks where both attackers and Mexican solders have been killed.

Homeland Security has said that there are Hezbollah members operating in the
U.S. and it is reasonable to believe they are in contact with other
Hezbollah in Mexico and around the world. In addition to other terrorist
attacks, Hezbollah has been tied to the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in
Beirut that left 241 U.S. personnel dead, and the 1996 Khobar Towers attack
in Saudi Arabia that left 19 U.S. servicemen dead.

One U.S. law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity, says
there is considerable forensic evidence tying Hezbollah bomb experts to
roadside explosions in Iraq.

Dennis Lormel, who founded the counterterrorist financing program at the
FBI, says the United States has been a cash cow for Hezbollah.

"They raise funds through business fronts, through criminal activity, use of
shell companies and through fundraising mechanisms," he says.

Before September 11, 2001, Hezbollah was responsible for more American
deaths than any other terrorist organization. Hassan Nasrallah, the group's
secretary-general, recently proclaimed, "Death to America was, is, and will
stay our slogan."

*In spite of all that, the terror and violence in Mexico, Mexican officials
are encouraging Americans to visit Mexico in a new tourist campaign. But
with more than 1,200 people having been killed this year alone in *Ciudad
Juárez that is not happening. Juarez* has a population of 1.5 million
people many depending on American tourist dollars. But many El Pasons who
live in El Paso a bordering city of about 350,000 say they are just to
frighten to risk going into Mexico.*

Mexico’s violence of terror along with the world banking and financial
crises that are happening today are forcing drastic changes in the rate of
tourism to Mexico, especially border regions from the Gulf of Mexico to the
Pacific Ocean. Mexico has been heavily dependent on tourism and American
investors and both are drying up. Oil and drugs are now Mexico’s official
and respectively unofficial main stay for what economy they have.

*From Brownsville Texas to San Diego California the drug-related dangers and
violence is so staggering that the country has been declared off-limits to
all U.S. Military. Residents on the American side of the border have told
the Laguna Journal that they are afraid to cross over to visit family, shop
or conduct business anywhere along the border.*

Violent spillover from crime-ridden Mexican border cities are a growing
concern for Americans. With cartel-related killings in Chihuahua alone now
topping over 1200 for the year, officials in the states are increasingly
concerned about “spillover†of crime from neighboring border cites. In El
Paso, real effects are being felt at the city’s hospital, where officials
report dozens of cases of individuals wounded over the border in the Mexican
state of Chihuahua being treated at their facility.

Just last week the State of Morelos Deputy A.G. for Organized Crime Affairs
and two escorts were killed by what appeared to be a well organized
paramilitary unit in a car-to-car gunfire assault. The killers then fled in
two military style vehicles.

Another significant issue is that now Mexico's toll of deaths linked to
organized crime has reached four thousand so far this year, a historic
record. That is more violent related deaths than Iraq and Afghanistan
combined. Â Mexico is reported to be on track to near 5,000 before the end
of 2008, another record. The last one thousand deaths have taken place in 48
days. The first one thousand deaths of the year took place in 114 days, the
next one thousand in 72. But seventy days later, it reached 3 thousand.

Iran, Hezbollah's longtime sponsor, and donations from the Lebanese Diaspora
are two sources for a multimillion-dollar budget that pays for the militia's
armed and political wings and for social projects such as money, food and
hospitals in Beirut. But investigations around the world have shown that
Hezbollah also funds itself through drug dealing, arms trafficking,
contraband smuggling and other rackets in the Americas, Africa Europe and
elsewhere.

The L.A. Times is reporting U.S. and Colombian investigators have dismantled
an international cocaine smuggling and money laundering ring in Bogota,
Colombia and Madrid Spain, that allegedly used part of its profits to
finance Hezbollah, the Lebanon-based Shiite militia, officials said.

***Hezbollah presence in Venezuela is also
feared***<http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/latinamerica/la-fg-venezterror27-2008aug27,0,7229707.story>
**

A couple of armed men arrived at a funeral home in Juarez and opened fire on
persons at a service for a man who himself had been the victim of a
homicide. Three persons were wounded before the thugs left.

“Worse than Iraq: 38 executedâ€
During the last 24 hours 38 persons have died in different events caused by
members of organized crime; the number has reached 4,052 in 2008 in this
country (Mexico), surpassing by more than three times the number of dead in
Iraq this year, where they total 1,167.
Just recently, ten gunmen lost their lives after a shootout with state
agents in Nogales, Sonora. The police were attacked with fragmentation
grenades; three police and three civilians were wounded.

The body of a gagged man was found in Cabo San Lucas a known and popular
American tourist spot. His fingers had been chopped off. Eight persons have
died in Baja California Norte in the last 24 hours, the product of a spiral
of violence. (Note: the Baja California Peninsula is divided into two states
with the same name; each is differentiated by “Norte†and “Sur†) In
the morning the bodies of two men were found, both shot to death out of
different events.

Just recently two Rosarito police officers were assassinated while on
patrol. Twenty kilometers away three other persons were murdered. This is an
area where Americans murdered bodies have been found. A related account in
“El Universal†(Mexico City) states that violence in Rosarito has cost
the lives of seven police and at least a dozen other persons in less than
thirty days; it adds that there have been mass resignations of police there
because of fear of being murdered. (Note: just some years back Rosarito
Beach was a laid back American tourist attraction, peaceful ocean beach town
not far from Tijuana and San Diego.

According to Mexico City daily newspaper *Reforma’s *running tally of
cartel-related killings, or*Ejecuciones, (executions/assassinations)
*Chihuahua’s
weekly rate of killings remained higher than it was before over two thousand
soldiers and federal police were deployed there in mid-March. Seven other
crimes took place in Chihuahua; two men were found dead in Hermosillo,
Sonora, two in Culiacan and some others in Guanajuato, Guerrero, the
Distrito Federal and Taxco.

>From Aug. 9 to Aug. 15, Chihuahua had an unprecedented 79
*ejecuciones, *including
the gangland-style killing of 13 partygoers in the town of Creel in the
Sierra Tarahumara Mountains, a key transit point for drugs en route to the
U.S.-Mexico border. Among the dead were several teenagers, a university
professor, and a 1-year-old baby.

The previous week, eight were shot and killed during a prayer session at a
drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Cuidad Juárez. These attacks
challenge a common perception that Mexico’s escalating death toll is
reducible to cartel members killing other cartel members, and have driven
local and state officials to publicly question the efficacy of the current
campaign against the cartels. In a televised address, Chihuahua Gov. JosÃ(c)
Reyes Baeza Terrazas said that the massacre in Creel among other similar,
recent events throughout the state show that “the strategy and actions for
guaranteeing the security of people in [Chihuahua] need to be radically
modified.â€

Research group Consulta Mitofsky’s annual survey *Encuesta Nacional en
Viviendas *revealed strong public will for drastically strengthening
enforcement measures to combat organized crime in the country.

Police say six people were lined up and gunned down outside a business in
this violent border city Juarez. City police spokesman Alejandro Pariente
says a written statement "for all rats" was found among the bodies and
declared that the killings "will continue."
Pariente says investigators found more than 100 bullet shells at the scene.
He says no arrests have been made.

Again in Tijuana this past week, at least five people are dead following a
clash between soldiers and gunmen protecting a safe house near a junior high
school in a residential area of the city. Concern about recent violence led
a medical group to urge a voluntary curfew Wednesday through the end of
November, calling for residents to avoid going out after 9 p.m.

This is real terror and it’s happening right in our own front yard and is
expected to escalate and U.S. law enforcement fear it’s just a matter of
time and we’ll be dealing with it right here at home. There already have
been reported suspected attacks by these Mexican terrorist in Phoenix
Arizona, Las Vegas Nevada, Atlanta Georgia, Dallas Texas and Birmingham
Alabama.

U.S. drug czar John Walters said Friday that Mexico's drug cartels are
crossing the border to kidnap and kill inside the United States.

Walters, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy,
was in Mexico for two days to discuss efforts with local officials to stem
killings, weapons trafficking and money laundering by Mexican cartels and
their U.S. associates.

"Some of these groups not only engage in crime and violence not only in
Mexico and along the border, but they come across and kidnap, murder and
carry out assassinations," Walters told reporters. "These groups do not
respect the border."

Walters praised Mexican President Felipe Calderón for mounting a police and
army offensive against the cartels, which he called "terrorist criminals."

 For related articles visit
*www.lagunajournal.com*<http://www.lagunajournal.com/>

 Sources:

Justice in Mexico Project of the Trans-Border Institute at the University of
San Diego.

El Universal Mexican Newspaper

The National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers (NAFBPO)

San Diego UNION-TRIBUNE

L.A. Times

SignOnSanDiego

michael Webster
*
http://www.articlesbase.com/causes-and-organizations-articles/hezbollah-operating-in-mexico-and-us-617268.html
*<http://www.articlesbase.com/causes-and-organizations-articles/hezbollah-operating-in-mexico-and-us-617268.html>

*(F)AIR USE NOTICE: All original content and/or articles and graphics in
this message are copyrighted, unless specifically noted otherwise. All
rights to these copyrighted items are reserved. Articles and graphics have
been placed within for educational and discussion purposes only, in
compliance with "Fair Use" criteria established in Section 107 of the
Copyright Act of 1976. The principle of "Fair Use" was established as law by
Section 107 of The Copyright Act of 1976. "Fair Use" legally eliminates the
need to obtain permission or pay royalties for the use of previously
copyrighted materials if the purposes of display include "criticism,
comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research." Section 107
establishes four criteria for determining whether the use of a work in any
particular case qualifies as a "fair use". A work used does not necessarily
have to satisfy all four criteria to qualify as an instance of "fair use".
Rather, "fair use" is determined by the overall extent to which the cited
work does or does not substantially satisfy the criteria in their totality.
If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go
beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. For
more information go to:
**http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml*<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml>
**

*THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. COPYING AND DISSEMINATION
IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS.*

 __._,_.___

 MARKETPLACE
 ------------------------------
>From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13raatnja/M=493064.12016295.13271503.10835568/D=groups/S=1705323667:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1234657061/L=/B=P1BoGkPDhFA-/J=1234649861309445/A=5530388/R=0/SIG=11nuutlas/*http://explore.yahoo.com/groups/kraftmealsmadesimple/>
[image: Yahoo!
Change settings via the
Web<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grendelreport/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnMW5qbGdiBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjM0NjQ5ODYx>(Yahoo!
ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily
Digest<grendelreport-dig...@yahoogroups.com?subject=email+delivery:+Digest>|
Switch
format to
Traditional<grendelreport-traditio...@yahoogroups.com?subject=change+delivery+format:+Traditional>
Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grendelreport;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcHNpdWNmBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIzNDY0OTg2MQ-->|
<grendelreport-unsubscr...@yahoogroups.com?subject=>
  Recent Activity

   -  3
   New
Members<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grendelreport/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnanRwcnUxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMjM0NjQ5ODYx>

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grendelreport;_ylc=X3oDMTJmc2VkdWRuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMzQ2NDk4NjE->
  Yahoo! News

Fashion
News<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ot90ks7/M=493064.12016309.12445701.8674578/D=groups/S=1705323667:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1234657061/L=/B=QFBoGkPDhFA-/J=1234649861309445/A=3848621/R=0/SIG=12u6o6g3h/*http://news.yahoo.com/i/1597;_ylt=A9FJqa5Gxa5E2jgAYQKVEhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA2MnU4czRtBHNlYwNzbg-->

What's the word on

fashion and style?
 All-Bran

Day 10
Club<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13omhpd4p/M=493064.12016283.12445687.8674578/D=groups/S=1705323667:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1234657061/L=/B=QVBoGkPDhFA-/J=1234649861309445/A=5202317/R=0/SIG=11aijbghb/*http://new.groups.yahoo.com/allbrangroup>

on Yahoo! Groups

Feel better with fiber.
 Check out the

Y! Groups
blog<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o1l9hsk/M=493064.12016258.12582637.8674578/D=groups/S=1705323667:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1234657061/L=/B=QlBoGkPDhFA-/J=1234649861309445/A=5191952/R=0/SIG=112mhte3e/*http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/>

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!
.

--