First of all, why is it important that we receive the baptism in the
Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues? As a
Christian, it's important if we want to go in the rapture. Jesus said
the wise virgins took oil with their lamps while the foolish virgins
didn't. Matthew 25:1-13. Oil is a type of the Holy spirit. At the
midnight hour when the rapture happened the wise virgins walked in
while the foolish couldn't find their way.

There are two churches today, the Laodicean and the Philadelphian.
Revelations 3:3-22. The real baptism in the Holy Spirit will bring
some persecution. All who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer
persecution the Bible says. 2 Timothy 3:12. The Bible says the
Philadelphian church has kept the word of my patience. Tribulation
worketh patience. The Philadelphian church has already had their
tribulation so they don't need to go through any more. The Laodicean
church is bragging they are rich, increased in goods and have need of
nothing, but what they need is the baptism in the Holy Spirit and then
they will start getting some persecution. If you aren't getting any
persecution you don't have the real thing if you think you already are
baptized.

So how do we receive this? We need to be cleansed. The Spirit will
fill the temple when it's cleansed. Call a day of fasting to seek the
Lord with all your heart. Jesus said if our feet are cleansed we're
cleansed all over. Wash our feet in the name of Jesus. Take a bath and
say "I baptize myself in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and
in the name of Jesus." Read these Psalms as prayers for cleansing:
Psalm 19, Psalm 51, and Psalm 79. Read Ezekiel 36:24-38 and pray for
all that for you.

Then on a Monday through Friday during business hours call Brother Ted
Shuttlesworth's ministry toll free at 1-888-323-2484 and ask them to
pray for you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence
of speaking with other tongues or just pray to God yourself if you
live in a country where you can't get through at that number.
Surrender all you are and all you have, including your tongue to God
now and forever. Yield yourself and begin to speak in an unknown
tongue or language. Whatever is there, no matter how foolish it may
seem. Keep praying as long as it's there. Sometimes the Holy Ghost
will pray through us in sighings and groanings too.

Then just keep groaning and sighing until you feel relieved. It's like
giving birth to a baby. Then repeat this every day - in the morning.
The Bible said "Be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18. We need to
be Spirit filled prayer warriors in these last days, if we want us and
our loved ones to go to heaven in the rapture soon to come and escape
the coming Tribulation.

http://www.squidoo.com/tithes-and-offerings