http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/akhenaten.html

What Has Cairo to Do With Jerusalem?

We should begin our study by listing in full the similarities between
Atenism (as we shall call Akhenaten's religion) and Jewish monotheism.
They are:

Both believe in one God who is a Creator and sustainer of the universe.
That's it.

Now if this is all there is to the similarities, one wonders whether
critics who allege borrowing are really thinking clearly. Speaking
from a strictly rational perspective, coming up with an idea that
there is but one God (rather than several or none) who created and
sustains the universe is little more than a natural variation upon a
theme that we would expect people to hit upon often, even quite
independently. This means, of course, that the critics don't need to
allege borrowing from Akhenaten at all; at the bottom of the barrel,
the appeal to Atenism is just veiled insult added to attempted injury.
Nevertheless, we need now to explore the difference between Atenism
and Judiasm, in order to make a rational case concerning alleged
borrowing. We begin by digging into the soil from which Atenism grew.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Judaism would have never developed without the example of Egypt's era
> of monotheisam.
>
> On Feb 25, 5:53 pm, Mark <markmka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <Aristotle is pre-Christian.>   So is "Judeo", yet part of the western
>> formula.
>>
>> <Crime sheets>  Thank you, and no. There is not enough crime here to
>> warrant a separate publication.
>>
>> <What is "typically Ami"?>  Ami is German slang for Gringo. Now do not
>> go all crazy... it is purely an identifying word for people from your
>> country.. Only Gringos/Amis apply negative connotations to the
>> word(s).. none was intended.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Aristotle is pre-Christian. Aquinas was a flop.//Crime sheets are
>> > police reports of crimes.// What is "typically Ami"?

>> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Mark M. Kahle,  ,
www.filacoffee.com