but they did change. They started to sell cars that were more
luxurious, and more expensive than ever.  I had one dealer empahasize
the quality of the furnishings...stereo, seats etc.  He made no effort
to convince me that the car was cheap to operate (environment as well
as money) or that the vehicle would prove reliable. That was Detroit,
(Oshawa). I bought a Canadian built Honda instead. and ran it for ten
years.  It had no radio as that would disqualify it from NAFTA.  But
since when was a radio truly necessary?  I got in the habit of singing
while I drove, instead of the shower.