Lucid Links (040709, Morning)
  <http://www.bizzyblog.com/2009/04/07/lucid-links-040709-morning/>

Filed under: Lucid Links
<http://www.bizzyblog.com/category/lucid-links/> --- TBlumer @ 9:18 am

Noteworthy Net-Worthies:

    It's getting chilly, and it's not the weather
    <http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090406/media_nm/us_ap> --- *The AP
    seems to be signaling that it will use legal intimidation to curb
    fair use of its content for discussion purposes when it has no legal
    leg to stand on.* Also, part of fair use, properly applied, is
    analyzing wire service reports as they evolve for evidence of story
    slanting after initial raw reports. That means saving them. Sorry,
    AP (not).

    Related --- A NewsBusters commenter at Warner Todd Huston's post

<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/04/07/ap-looking-stop-unauthorized-internet-usage>
    on this topic reminds me of a Michelle Malkin item

<http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/17/hey-associated-press-you-owe-me-at-least-132125/>
    from June of last year. *Michelle pointed out that AP has frequently
    lifted blogger content without attribution.* I would add, based on
    experience, that AP and the press in general is bound and determined
    not to name "bloggers" who break stories

<http://www.bizzyblog.com/2007/10/29/imam-alzaree-resigns-from-islamic-center-of-cleveland/>,
    while subscribing newspapers and other publications constantly
    complain about AP's lifts of their content.

    *President 'Prompter* is full of globaloney

<http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-04-07-obama-turkey-tuesday_N.htm?csp=DailyBriefing>
    --- "I think it's important." It's a load of rubbish --- sloppy,
    manipulated rubbish

<http://www.bizzyblog.com/2007/08/10/rushs-and-bizzyblogs-see-i-told-you-so-globaloney/>.

    *Not news to those who followed him* during the presidential
    campaign

<http://www.bizzyblog.com/2008/05/30/obamas-blueprint-for-surrendering-in-the-war-on-terror-unilateral-disarmament-and-jeopardizing-national-security/>
    --- Obama wants to unilaterally disarm

<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123905870471194735.html#mod=djemEditorialPage>
    to set a "moral example." In the same linked editorial, the Wall
    Street Journal reminds us that "the world's most conspicuous
    antiproliferation victories in recent decades were the Israeli
    strike against Saddam Hussein's nuclear plant at Osirak, and the
    U.S. toppling of Saddam and the way it impressed Libya's Moammar
    Ghadafi," and notes that "Obama's 'moral authority' won't deter
    Tehran or Pyongyang." 2-1/2 months into President 'Prompter's
    predominance, the world is clearly a more dangerous place.

    The travel industry is in the tank because of the administration's
    and Congress's demonization of business conferences. *This has
    spread far beyond DC's original bailout targets to businesses in
    general who are afraid to be seen as even a little extravagant.*
    Hawaii, a favorite rewards destination for successful sales groups,
    is begging President 'Prompter to do something about it

<http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2009-04-06-hawaii-business-travelers_N.htm?csp=DailyBriefing>.
    Taking back TARP money that certain banks want to repay instead of
    refusing repayment
    <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123879833094588163.html>, and then
    staying the heck away from them after they break free, would be a
    nice start. Alas, I fear that suppressing commercial activity in any
    way possible, including tourism, is part of the plan --- at least
    until it's time to credit the POS (Pork Over-Stuffed) stimulus for
    any economic uptick. Never mind that an awful lot of little people
    have lost their jobs, and will continue to. Collateral damage in
    pursuit of /la causa/, I guess.

    *Catching up*: The Institute for Supply Management's monthly indices
    for Manufacturing

<http://www.ism.ws/ISMReport/MfgROB.cfm?navItemNumber=12942&token=41550&userID=>
    (from 35.8% to 36.3%) and Non-Manufacturing
    <http://www.ism.ws/ISMReport/NonMfgROB.cfm?navItemNumber=12943>
    (from 41.6% to 40.8%) both stayed in the doldrums in March. The
    architects of the POR (Pelosi-Obama-Reid) Economy

<http://www.bizzyblog.com/2008/07/03/the-pelosi-obama-reid-recession-porr-may-have-begun/>
    were remarkably adept at taking the economy down

<http://www.bizzyblog.com/2009/01/17/the-por-pelosi-obama-reid-economy-tanks-a-lot/>.
    Now they're applying their skills to keeping it down, apparently
    effectively. Never mind those hundreds of thousands of little people
    losing their jobs every month. Again, anything for /la causa/.

Comments [moderated] (3) <http://www.bizzyblog.com/?comments_popup=8251>