> On Sep 5, 2017, at 4:26 PM, trent...@ifi.uio.no wrote:
>
> Bullet-list is in my control, I was just using the example from the pollen
> Typography for Lawyers for inspiration since it felt like writing tags for
> every list felt too heavy, and I figured others had run into this issue
> before. So, I can re-write it to call the correct functions.

Leandro's advice is sound — call more functions, don't reduce to X-expressions
as quickly.

It doesn't sound like you need `eval`. I'm not an enemy of `eval`, but like
macros, there's often a simpler way to get the same result.

FWIW Pollen isn't different from Racket in that regard — Racket keeps
evaluating expressions until it gets a value, and then stops.

The weakness of my `detect-list-items` example in the `pollen-tfl` project is
that I only need to generate lists for HTML, so I'm reducing the result
immediately to an X-expression (by applying `(default-tag-function 'li)`).

In your case, you'd want to take the `list-of-li-paragraphs` and pass it to
another function, let's call it `make-li`, that has different behavior
depending on whether you're targeting HTML, or LaTeX, etc.