> The idea of `raco pollen render --recursive` is that every directory is being
> treated as its own subproject. Same as if you had done `cd` into each
> directory and `raco pollen render` from there.

That makes sense, but leaves me wishing for an operation intended at rendering
what ‘raco pollen start’ would have shown me at
‘http://<localhost>/subdirectory/page.html’.

> Indeed, during a `raco pollen render` operation, there's no way to infer what
> the "real" home directory is. Except that Pollen will search upward, to the
> top of your filesystem if necessary, for a "pollen.rkt".

I believe the directory containing ‘pollen.rkt’ is the “real home directory.”
Is this conception problematic?

> So I come around to thinking your solution — create your own value and export
> it — is the right one.
>
> Or, you could create a pagetree in the home directory — maybe it
> programmatically picks up the pages in the subdirectories — and render that.
> Then you can avoid `raco pollen render --recursive`, and rather just `raco
> pollen render` from the base directory, and `current-project-root` will
> (should!) stay consistent.

If I don’t specify a pagetree, Pollen already generates a reasonable default
from listing the contents of the directory. How about introducing a way to
instruct Pollen to extend this default to include subdirectories as well?

--
Leandro Facchinetti <m...@leafac.com>
https://www.leafac.com