OK, then suppose you store the attributes in the X-expressions for the purposes
of your internal Pollen processing. You can always strip out those private
attributes before the `doc` is injected into the HTML template. Does that work?

You're right that the X-expression closely models HTML output (which makes it a
convenient choice for Pollen). But it's also a vanilla Racket list structure,
so you can manipulate it with the usual list functions (with the `txexpr`
module sugaring over some small annoyances)