It would be nice if the designer gets a plugin architecture where you add
your own storage providers. I had suggested that already in the past at
https://github.com/Polymer/designer/issues/78

Even the current, Gist based storage already allows to load previously
saved code. There is no UI to select a gist, but when you append a Gist Id
to the designer url then the saved code will already be loaded.

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 8:37:04 AM UTC-5, bouale...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Thanks Martin for your feedback.
>
> So far, the approach we have taken is to minimize the changes to the
> designer so that we are able to apply them when new versions are released.
>
> While we did create new custom components for our users to consume, for
> Polymer designer we've only modified 3 existing files. All modification are
> tagged for easy extraction and application to new Polymer designer release.
>
> Martin,
>
> In your implementation, are you able to load an existing design that was
> previously saved and continue editing it in the designer?
>

> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 08:24:38 UTC-5, Martin Amm wrote:
>>
>> It it possible - we've build our own designer version communicating with
>> our backend by replacing the design-preview and designer-element components
>> with our own implementations.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
"Polymer" group.
to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/9b0a96f6-85a2-49db-b34f-54016a57c278%40googlegroups.com.