There have been a couple of updates to the Poly/ML CVS repository recently apart from those already mentioned on the list. They are both in the C++ run-time system.

The mechanism for waiting for external events has been improved which mainly affects Windows pipes and processes. In particular Windows.execute is now much faster when reading from a pipe.

I noticed some strange warning messages when building Poly/ML on Cygwin on a new machine of the form
"Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lXXX"
It turned out that this was as a result of not having installed the "file" package (/usr/bin/file) rather than anything to do with Poly/ML. Installing this fixed the problem so I've added a test in the configure script which checks for the presence of /usr/bin/file when compiling on Cygwin and produces a more explanatory message if it's not there.

David