On 10/10/2010 18:49, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
I just noticed (on Debian/Testing/AMD64) that with both polyml-5.4&
latest SVN trunk (i.e. rev 1215) it is not possible to use binutils
gold linker.

error: polyexport.o: unsupported REL reloc section /usr/bin/ld:
internal error in relocate_section, at ../../gold/x86_64.cc:2444
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This looks like a bug in your linker. There are two forms of a relocation entry in ELF: REL and RELA. REL is shorter so where possible PolyML.export generates that form. There are a few platforms that insist on the use of RELA (Sparc, PPC, IA64) but the normal linkers on X86/32 and X86/64 are quite happy to accept REL. It's possible that Poly/ML could switch to generating RELA all the time at the expense of increased size of the object files but I'm reluctant to make a switch unnecessarily.

Regards,
David