Makarius <makar...@sketis.net> writes:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Mark Wright wrote:
>
>> I bumped polyml to 5.5 in portage (as 5.5.0 since that is the version
>> reported by poly -v).  Isabelle 2012 built fine with polyml 5.5.
>
> Are you sure about this?

Hi Makarius,

Proofs with proof-general and sledgehammer with e 1.6 and spass 3.7 work.
The isabelle test suite returns a 0 exit status during the build.
isabelle jedit works with a simple proof.

> Did you include the important libsha1.so that is
> part of the regular Isabelle2012 distribution of Poly/ML?

No, thanks for letting me know I should, I guess I should
build it from the source code here:

https://bitbucket.org/makarius

> You probably know already that I am very sceptical about this packaging of
> Isabelle components as "native" OS packages.  In so many years I've never
> seen a packaging that was right, and it is getting more and more difficult
> to achieve that with all the Isabelle add-ons that are now standard.
>

>       Makarius

The issues I know of:

- No source code to spass 3.8ds or later available.  I would very much like
to provide a more recent release of spass.

- Haskabelle does not compile with the current version of haskell-src-exts.
  Its on my todo list to ask the haskell-src-exts maintainers to consider
  adding the support for undefined pragmas.

- I have an ebuild for z3 integration with sledgehammer.  I may not
  add that to portage though as it is packaging a binary.  Gentoo's
  open source philosophy is to build packages from the source code.

I use Isabelle.  I have added sci-mathematics/spass-3.7,
sci-mathematics/e-1.6 and sci-mathematics/cvc3-2.4.1 to portage with
isabelle use flags, that automatically create their settings files and
add themselves to the isabelle components file.

I am prepared to fix issues and to add more Isabelle components
to portage for those components that can be built from the source
code.

Thanks, Mark