Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'm still catching up on things.

connectNB seems to work fine provided you rebuild the compiler. When using the GIT version it's essential to run
make compiler
at least once, preferably twice, after building. You should see "Poly/ML 5.6.1 Testing" when you run poly.

David