Hi Ramana,
The fixes branches are useful in the early phase of the development cycle if bugs are found soon after a release. At some point it is no longer viable to keep back-porting especially if there is a risk that the fix itself may introduce bugs. This particular change was one of a number to make the thread system more resilient. At this point I'd suggest switching to Git master.

Regards,
David