I can't think of a need for CInterface. It is probably only worth retaining while the FFI documentation is for CInterface. On that note, it may be worth directing readers to using Foreign instead of CInterface: the link to the foreign function interface on the main documentation page
http://www.polyml.org/Doc.html
is all about CInterface.

Phil