On Mar 17, 2013, at 11:53 AM, "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:

>  Looking at zone tr.pool.ntp.org for the last 2.5 days :
>
>    http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/tr/
>
>  -- 9 (out of 24 active) servers were spotted in the zone
>  -- 1 server is always in the zone
>  -- 3 servers are almost always in the zone
>  -- 5 servers are in the zone only sporadically
>
>  Just curious :
>
>  -- is this expected (based on bandwidth-params for each server) ?

Sounds in the ballpark of about right.

mysql> select s.id,netspeed from servers s inner join server_zones sz on
(sz.server_id=s.id) inner join zones z on (z.id=sz.zone_id) where z.name='tr'
and s.deletion_on is null and s.score_raw > 10 and ip_version = 'v4';
+-------+----------+
| id    | netspeed |
+-------+----------+
|  8071 |     3000 |
|  8575 |  1000000 |
| 10021 |   100000 |
| 10217 |  1000000 |
| 10219 |  1000000 |
| 11119 |   100000 |
| 11811 |    50000 |
| 14133 |    50000 |
| 14497 |    10000 |
| 15545 |  1000000 |
| 16077 |  1000000 |
| 16641 |  1000000 |
| 16643 |  1000000 |
| 16645 |  1000000 |
| 16937 |    10000 |
| 16939 |    10000 |
| 16941 |    10000 |
| 17588 |   100000 |
| 17620 |      384 |
| 18466 |   250000 |
| 18626 |   100000 |
| 18766 |  1000000 |
| 19174 |  1000000 |
| 19926 |  1000000 |
| 21612 |  2000000 |
+-------+----------+
25 rows in set (0.00 sec)

And IPv6:

mysql> select s.id,netspeed from servers s inner join server_zones sz on
(sz.server_id=s.id) inner join zones z on (z.id=sz.zone_id) where z.name='tr'
and s.deletion_on is null and s.score_raw > 10 and ip_version = 'v6';
+-------+----------+
| id    | netspeed |
+-------+----------+
| 13277 |    50000 |
| 13349 |  1000000 |
| 13799 |   100000 |
| 13801 |   100000 |
| 16001 |   100000 |
| 16361 |  1000000 |
| 16943 |    10000 |
| 16945 |    10000 |
| 16947 |    10000 |
| 18464 |  1000000 |
| 18628 |   100000 |
| 19084 |    10000 |
| 22070 |   100000 |
+-------+----------+
13 rows in set (0.00 sec)

>  PS. It would be nice if the per country zone pages, like
>
>      http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/tr
>
>      would list the servers in the zone (with or without an IP),
>      their status and other relevant scheduling parameters.

What identifier should we use if not the IP? Maybe the ID, but then you can
just click on that and see the IP. I'm worried about making it easier for
people to pick an IP and hardcoding it since the whole point of the project is
to have people not do that.

One option would be to have it be only available for server operators or
something like that. In any case then it's a bit of development work that'd be
a bit down the todo list…

Ask