On Mon, 13 Mar 2023, Waldek Hebisch hebisch-at-mail.math.uni.wroc.pl
|pop-forum| wrote:

Thanks for info.  The trace indicates that 'mprotect' call fails.
IIRC in the past we had similar problem due to Selinux: it
does not allow witable and executable memory.  Solution was
to disable Selinix or define exception for Poplog.  IIUC Selinux
is on by default in Fedora, so defining exception for Poplog
probably should be first thing to do.

I can confirm that turning off selinux gets rid of the errors. Both newarray and make now succeed. I need advice on the right way to define an exception for poplog under selinux.

Stephen Isard