On 7/17/21 8:43 PM, Oliver Sander wrote:
I do not understand well your question. But I know that a pdf document contains pages.

I have pdf documents in memory (read from a database) and I need to merge these documents in memory to write them back in a database...

You need to give a few more details about what you mean by "I have pdf documents in memory". Does that mean that you simply copied the file content to some allocated memory?  Or have you opened these pdf files using poppler (using code like in poppler/qt5/demos)?

You need to do the latter to solve your problem.  Open the files using poppler, and then copy code that unites them from pdfunite.cc (licences permitting).

Best,
Oliver

Sorry to not be clear : I upload pdf documents (with a c++ cppcms server), I get them in some std::istream, I need to manipulate pages of these documents, create new  documents from these pages, store these documents in bytea postgresql db, extract text from them, retrieve them when a user ask to download them...

poppler can make the job, but I do not need and I would like to avoid to use files to do all that...

So my question : what is the best strategy ?

I have no license problem, all is open source.

Thank you

PX.