On Fri, Dec 19, 2008, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> (resent, dunno where the 1st message went)

I don't know, never seen on the list...

> I kind of like the idea of using a '@' before a file path as an
> "attention" marker to increase the file validation checks, and so I'm
> likely to refactor the functionality out of rpm and into popt-1.15 as
> part of simplifying rpm configuration/initialization.
>
> At the same time, I will probably add a new poptReadConfigFiles()
> method whose argument will be a colon separated list of configuration
> file paths to read.
>
> Any other opinions?

As long as the particular security check (here rpmSecuritySaneFile
for RPM_VENDOR_OPENPKG) embedded into POPT can be optionally still
overridden from within RPM (in case one needs some additional checks or
a different error message or whatever) I'm happy. Perhaps an optional
callback does the trick.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com