On Oct 25, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2010, at 10:49 PM, Matt Arsenault wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever gotten popt to build with visual studio? I've been using
>> MinGW, but I need to get it to work with MSVC. I'm trying to link the MinGW
>> build from VS and it's not really working. If not, is there an alternative
>> that does?
>
> What isn't working?

Mostly I get a lot of linker errors, which seem to be looking for MinGW stuff,
such as

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs;
use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs;
use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
___mingw_vfprintf referenced in function _fprintf
1>libpopt.a(popthelp.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___mingw_vfprintf
1>libpopt.a(poptint.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___mingw_vfprintf
1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strtoll
referenced in function _poptGetNextOpt
1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___strtod
referenced in function _poptGetNextOpt
1>libpopt.a(popthelp.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
___mingw_vsprintf referenced in function _sprintf

Since then I've tried getting popt built with visual studio. I've gotten it
actually built (mostly by replacing C99 stuff), but about halfway through the
tests they start
POPT Library                                           http://rpm5.org
Developer Communication List                       popt-devel@rpm5.org