On Oct 26, 2010, at 11:20 PM, Matt Arsenault wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>

>> On Oct 25, 2010, at 10:49 PM, Matt Arsenault wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone ever gotten popt to build with visual studio? I've been using
>>> MinGW, but I need to get it to work with MSVC. I'm trying to link the MinGW
>>> build from VS and it's not really working. If not, is there an alternative
>>> that does?
>>
>> What isn't working?
>
> Mostly I get a lot of linker errors, which seem to be looking for MinGW
> stuff, such as
>
> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> 1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> 1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> ___mingw_vfprintf referenced in function _fprintf
> 1>libpopt.a(popthelp.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> ___mingw_vfprintf
> 1>libpopt.a(poptint.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> ___mingw_vfprintf

Can't help with those symbols.

> 1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strtoll
> referenced in function _poptGetNextOpt
> 1>libpopt.a(popt.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___strtod
> referenced in function _poptGetNextOpt

Hmm popt mostly doesn't need use strtoll or strtod. The usage case could be
finessed out
if necessary. I doubt you would notice ot care.

> 1>libpopt.a(popthelp.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> ___mingw_vsprintf referenced in function _sprintf
>
> Since then I've tried getting popt built with visual studio. I've gotten it
> actually built (mostly by replacing C99 stuff), but about halfway through the
> tests they start failing.

What test are failing? Like "long long" and double, the tests are quite complete
over data types and It Really Doesn't Matter: hardly ant program needs/uses
long long and double CLI options.