On Jul 5, 2011, at 4:32 AM, Hulin, Gerlinde (E D EA SOL D TC1) wrote:

> Hello,
> The following two mails got in your archive without my agreeement. I cannot
> accept that my complete adress and email contact is online.

My memory of the series of events leading to these messages goes like this:

-> You sent mail privately asking about POPT licensing.
<- I replied that the concerns should be posted to <popt-devel@rpm5.org>.

POPT is an open-source project that conducts matters "transparently" and
publicly,
particular for matters like license audits.

-> You posted publicly here:
        http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0244.html
<- The issues were replied to here:
        http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0245.html

You did ask (and received an answer) on a public mailing list.

-> You (again) requested a resolution to your issues here:
        http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0246.html
<- You received two replies here:
        http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0247.html
        http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0248.html

And now you wish to undo actions that you initiated, with replies
as requested, because you dod not "consent" to publishing your
contact information on line?

At a minimum, your contact information is in more than the two messages
you are requesting being removed. And removing only 2 messages is _NOT_
considering that
the public <popt-devel@rpm5.org> mailing list is reflected in many
other locations on the internet.

Even if I removed the messages in <popt-devel@rpm5.org>, you seem to have
given (imho, I am not a lawyer) implied consent by initiating actions that
contained your contact info and choosing to publish on a public mailing list.

I can/will remove the messages in <popt-devel@rpm5.org> if there is better
reason than that you did not realize what "public" and "transparent" means
when you requested information. Otherwise, consistent with policy @rpm5.org,
I'd prefer to leave the public record exactly as is: other actions, like
removing messages and otherwise changing the public record, are inconsistent
with the intents and goals of a FL/OSS project.

73 de Jeff