On 8/7/26 16:24, Dan Langille wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2026, at 12:45 AM, Matthias Fechner wrote:
Hi,
Am 23.06.26 um 20:49 schrieb Nuno Teixeira:
I see that https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=285957 is
staled.
I'm unsure if it is the right time to start doing local builds with 3.13.
I switched now to 3.13 and all seems at first to run fine.
Will test it the next days.
I have been using Python 3.14 for some time and have switched over from 3.12
Two issues vex me and the alerts are overwhelming.
CVE-2025-15367
CVE-2025-15366
Every host is alerts with those, some for over 70 days.
Alert fatigue is a real thing.
I yearn for a way to easily silence specific vulns in the output of pkg-audit.
I'm all for recording in vuxml. Yet at the same time, I want relief from pages
of red alerts and having to scan them all to see if there's anything new.
Until such a useful feature is added, you could self-filter one way
or another:
pkg audit >~/vuln.old
# edit list to contain only vulnerabilities you do not care about
pkg audit -F >~/vuln.new
# a simple general output
diff ~/vuln.*|egrep "^<"|less
# an easily modified general output, in case you want it to help
# you review things you can now remove.
diff -y ~/vuln.*|egrep ">"|less
You can end up with a short name script or alias that does the
fetch+diff.
Alternatively you can maintain your own vulnerability database
variation where you apply select removals and rebuild with other new
changes as they come along.
Its easy to find yourself in a situation where a vulnerability is not
relevant, but if another relevant vulnerability is used then preexisting
vulnerability threats should be reconsidered.
I's also find it helpful if we could run a check against the current
pkg repo, and separately against the ports tree, to see if current
versions include any fixes. I normally do that one port at a time by
taking `pkg audit -q` output as a list of packages to check and running
a series of repeats of it with an additional parameter like
pkg audit -q `make -C /usr/ports/\`pkg query %o python311-3.11.15_4\`
-VPKGNAME`
I should probably script that too but never got around to it and just
manually pass the few names in, usually as a variable set at the start
or a separate command for easy editing.