At this moment the perl packages are not updated for aarch64 on FreeBSD 14.4. I think you'll have to wait..

Gr.,
Jack Raats

Op 09-08-2026 om 19:23 schreef DutchDaemon - FreeBSD Forums Administrator:
On August 9, 2026 7:10:25 PM GMT+02:00, Andrea Venturoli<[email protected]> 
wrote:
On 8/9/26 18:07, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
Hi!

Am 09.08.2026 um 17:44 schrieb Andrea Venturoli<[email protected]>:
I've been using spamassassing for several years.
After I upgraded to 2026Q3, I see the following message.

# spamassassin -r 94023. Aug  9 17:37:11.358 [34869] warn: dns: resolver create 
failed: Net::DNS required
Aug  9 17:37:14.098 [34869] warn: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate object method "new" 
via package "Net::DNS::Resolver" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Net/DNS.pm line 62.
My lack of Perl knowledge doesn't allow me to understand what to do.
Probably a missing dependency in the port/package.

I'd try:

pkg install p5-Net-DNS
Sorry, I should have probably mentioned this...
It was the first thing I though of, but, alas, I have that package installed.

# pkg info|grep Net-DNS
p5-Net-DNS-1.55,1              Perl5 interface to the DNS resolver, and dynamic 
updates
  bye & Thanks
        av.
Perl was upgraded recently, you may have a partial or incomplete upgrade.

Run `pkg upgrade -f -y` before troubleshooting further.

Reply via email to