Hi!

> I was appointed as maintainer of webcamd,

When I search for webcamd, there are quite a few projects
that use that name currently ?

So I guess you mean HPSs project, right ? Can you be a bit more
verbose on this appointment 8-) ?

> and I realize the situation is a
> bit complicated on the human side of things as the original author passed
> away and he was an important member of the community. I hope to be able to
> respect his work moving things forward.
[...]
> The project is on an unmaintained github repository and will need to be
> forked.

You mean the repo at

https://github.com/hselasky/webcamd

?

> I would prefer to put the project outside of github and under a common
> control (under a foundation organization or something).
> 
> So I am wondering if freebsd has such umbrella where we could put the
> project.

You mean if there's a repo under FreeBSD Foundation control where the
code can be put ?

I'm not aware if there's such a repo right now.

-- 
[email protected]         +49 171 3101372                  Now what ?

Reply via email to