Hello Marcin,

I had a quick look at this one and this one should get wxgtk 3.3
> which is still being in the works
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=288467
>
> It could also optionally use wxpdfdoc https://github.com/utelle/wxpdfdoc
> - anyone has any experience
> with it or tried porting it? I am not sure how that could be integrated
> into
> our ports tree.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcin


Let me tell the short history behind treesheets and wx3.3.

At a certain point I adopted treesheets and, if my memory is correct, I did
updated port dep from wx 3.0 to 3.2.
Laters, upstream "forced" treesheets to use the 3.3 rel and it motivated me
to start work on port wx3.3 (PR288467).
A few days later, upstream "forced" treesheets to use 3.2 again and that
represented that I lost the only consumer for wx3.3 branch.

Among other things, I don't like the way upstream is doing things related
to wx detection and I quit maintaining port.

wx3.3 port is staled and I need help working on that new port and need
consumers that can be tested against.

I don't know wxpdfdoc software and I can take a look laters.
If you think it is a good software to be added to portstree, feel free to
open a PR so I (or other committer) could take a look.

Thanks,



-- 
Nuno Teixeira
FreeBSD UNIX:  <[email protected]>   Web:  https://FreeBSD.org

Reply via email to