> On Sep 5, 2026, at 12:55, Michael Grimm <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Doug Hardie <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Dovecot24 has been in the latest packages for awhile.  I have it up and 
>> running on a test system.  However, before I can move it onto the production 
>> mail server, it needs to have pigeonhole working.  Is there any prognosis 
>> when pigeonhole might be available in packages?
> 
> Actually there are two ports ready and waiting for becoming committed:
> 
> mail/dovecot24-pigeonhole:
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=298046
> 
> mail/dovecot24-wormhole:
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297703
> 
> I really don't know what the reasons are that both ports ain't become 
> committed, yet.
> 
> I am using both ports for a couple of weeks now, without any issues …
> 

I created the port files using those from  bug 298046.  However, make failed 
with a few errors:

===>   dovecot24-pigeonhole-2.4.5 depends on file: 
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.50 - not found
===>   libressl-3.6.2 depends on package: pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 - not found
===>   libressl-3.6.2 depends on package: pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 - not found

I didn't expect that libressl would be required or that 
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.50 would be needed.  I am running on FreeBSD 15.1 
and /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.57 is the current version.

libressl is at version 4.3.2

Found a later patch.  Trying that.  Different errors:

===>   dovecot24-pigeonhole-2.4.5 depends on package: dovecot24>=2.4.5 - not 
found
Error a dependency refers to a non existing origin: /usr/ports/mail/dovecot24 
in BUILD_DEPENDS
===>   dovecot24-pigeonhole-2.4.5 depends on package: pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 - not 
found
===>   dovecot24-pigeonhole-2.4.5 depends on package: pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 - not 
found

dovecot2.4.5 is not available as a package yet.
pkgconf is at 3.0.5,1

I can force these to the available versions, but will that work?

-- Doug





Reply via email to