On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 11:24:01PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:

> > i.e. WRKDIR gets set by the directory you're in, not ${PORTSDIR}
>
> yes, but WRKDIR should not be PORTSDIR in any case - it's two levels
> down for most ports, and three on some.
>
> Eg, WRKDIR=${PORTSDIR} + "/" + "sysutils/nut"

or perhaps four in others, but that really doesn't make any difference
here. The point is that setting PORTSDIR will not affect ${WRKDIR}.

> I've looked into infrastructure, and there are three occurrences of
> 'pwd', two with '-P' and one plain...

If you want to see what I'm talking about, try grepping for CURDIR,
that should make things clear.

> Yes, the symlink is for convenience *ONLY*.  I'd like to keep it if
> possible, esp since the system can figure out the required settings
> anyway (mostly).

The symlink isn't the problem, it's all about what directory you're
changing to.