Hi Hannah,

Hannah Schroeter wrote:
Hello!

In current (updated on Monday), I installed jdk-1.4.2p2-with_ipv6 from
ports, and after installation it suggests putting a link for a
Mozilla/Firefox Java plugin to an appropriate place.

Yet, it doesn't work (tried the interactive map stuff from www.map24.de,
with mozilla-firefox-1.0.4). Nothing too important for me, just that
the suggestion is worded as if it would work. Would I have better
chances with the 1.5 JDK?

this map applet works on my PC (OBSD current, firefox 1.0.4, jdk 1.4.2-p7 without ipv6). Perhaps you should try 1.4.2-p7 instead of 1.4.2-p2. I have no clue whether this could be related to ipv6.

regards,
Andreas