On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:53:40AM -0700, patrick ~ wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> This very well may be a silly question but poking around
> on MARC and port's makefiles I was unable to figure out
> my answer.
> 
> I'm trying to build the php4 port without all its extensions.
> Only trying to build those that I actually have a use for.
> Another reason is that the PC building it isn't the fastest
> thing out there.
> 
> So, I tried using FLAVOR on the top directory (www/php4)
> to exclude all those php modules I'm not interested in
> but I get the error:
> 
> "Fatal: no flavors for this port. (in www/php4/core)"
> 
> Next I tried to cd in to the core directory and issue a
> build and install which works fine.
> 
> Next (hours later) I cd in the extensions directory and
> issue make with the FLAVOR spacified:
> 
> FLAVOR="no_x11 no_snmp no_xmlrpc no_ldap no_mysql..." make
> 
> This seems to work fine, as I see dependent libs being
> fetched and built and things seem to be happening. After
> the build is done (hours later) I issue a 'make install'
> with the FLAVOR as above. But nothing happens. As in there
> are no php4 modules installed according to pkg_info. Also
> ls confirms this in the /var/www/lib/php/modules diectory
> is empty.

you can use use something like the following (take for example the curl
package) to install a specific subpackage. in this case you need to leave
"no_curl" out of the flavor list, obviously. then you automatically get
further instructions as shown below.

cd /usr/ports/www/php4/extensions

FLAVOR="no_x11 no_snmp no_xmlrpc no_ldap no_mysql..." SUBPACKAGE=-curl \
  make install

===>  Installing php4-curl-4.4.0 from
/usr/ports/packages/i386/all/php4-curl-4.4.0.tgz
php4-curl-4.4.0: complete                                                    
--- php4-curl-4.4.0 -------------------
Enable this module in php.ini using the following command:

      /usr/local/sbin/phpxs -a curl

Reply via email to