Peter Valchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now that mozilla has been switched to gtk+2 a lot of people will get
> bitten by the fact that for some bizarre reason the emacs mode is no
> longer default in the gtk+2 settings as someone pointed out on this
> list a few weeks ago.  This means that the standard ^U, ^A, ^E etc.
> emacs commands will no longer work - I mean, those even work on IE
> on a windows box!!  I think this should definitely be made default.

It is important to understand that this affects *all* applications
that use GTK2.  The basic impact is that where ^x used to directly
call an action, now if the focus is in an input field it will
intercept most ^x keystrokes (and interpret them as editing commands).
This shouldn't break any applications, but it is a change in behavior.

People running lots of GTK2 apps, maybe a GNOME desktop, should check
whether they are comfortable with this--assuming they didn't already
set this behavior in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]