[EMAIL PROTECTED] dixit:

You do not provide much detail on what you're doing so I can only
guess and try to give generic help.

>automake-1.9: ####################
>automake-1.9: ## Internal Error ##
>automake-1.9: unrequested trace `'

I know I had this error sometimes but I always have found something
to fix it... I just don't remember what it exactly was, but I think
it has something to do with a missing quote in some file (maybe even
the configure.ac or ac*.m4 files). Quotes are [] in this context.

Also try removing autom4te.cache before running automake.

Good luck!

//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt