Chris Humphries wrote:
Hello,

        Is anyone working on this? I was told this was desired by
 marco and so I started looking into it. It seems something that
 could be useful to me also.

        I started working on it, yet is someone also. Would be best
 to gather resources than work on the same thing at the same time :)

        If no one is working on this, then I will be.

There have been some attempts, but all stalled somewhere along the path, afaict.

a FreeNX port would really rock though, as this technology gives really amazing results for remote X over slow links, even with bandwidth-hungry applications like firefox or thunderbird.

So I can only encourage you to work on a port (and other people to help you once you've something ready for testing).
--
Matthieu Herrb