Antoine Jacoutot writes:

> Hi.
>
> Here's a diff that change the _spamdaemon user's home directory from
> /nonexistent to /var/spamassassin (owned by _spamdaemon).  This way,
> one can start spamd as the _spamdaemon user and make use of
> auto-whitelist, bayes... without error.
> [,,,]
> Let me know!

That makes sense.  Actually, I already run spamd locally with the
following options, which is similar to the changes that you propose.

/usr/local/bin/spamd -d -u spamassassin -H /var/spamassassin -r
/var/spamassassin/spamd.pid

We might also use /var/spamassassin instead of /var/db/spamassassin
for the updated rules that sa-update downloads.